Virus Testing For:
- Cymbidium Mosaic Virus (CymMV)
- Tobacco Mosaic Virus Orchid strain (TMV-O), also known as Odontoglossum Ringspot Virus (ORSV)
- Bean Yellow Mosaic Virus (BYMV)-We use a monoclonal antibody that tests for some 20 or more of the potato virus “Y” group (also known as the poty-virus group)
Our virus testing utilizes the very accurate ELISA serological test. The two most important and widespread viruses of orchids are CymMV and TMV-0 (ORSV). For this we offer two alternative testing programs.
The GREENHOUSE SCREENING PROGRAM offers you the chance to take advantage of ELISA’s noted accuracy and our many years of ELISA experience for a very nominal fee. Samples can be fairly small and will be tested in a single well for each virus.
Prices for Greenhouse Screening
- $5.00 each for 1-9 samples
- $4.50 each for 10-20 samples
- $4.25 each for 21 or more samples
For more valuable material and particularly for material to be used for meristemming or for stud plants, we recommend DOUBLE WELL ELISA. Each specimen is tested separately in 4 different wells-2 for each virus.
Prices for Double Well ELISA
- $6.00 each for 1-9 samples
- $5.50 each for 10-20 samples
- $5.25 each for 21 or more samples
For Masdevallias and other allied genera, BYMV (a member of the poty-virus group) has been found in considerable occurrence.
Prices for BYMV test
- $4.50 each for 1-9 samples
- $5.00 each for 1-9 samples double well
- $4.00 each for 10+ samples
- $4.50 each for 10+ double well
We will redo any questionable material before making our report, but if results are not conclusive, we will ask you to send fresh material in three weeks for retesting (without charge). If no retesting is necessary we should have a report to you within five business days of receiving the samples. We will email the results. A hard copy can be mailed upon request. No fax. Include your email and check with your samples.